1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon, Pioneer or Yamaha?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mustang, Mar 10, 2001.

1. mustang

mustang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have about £500 to spend on an amp. I've narrowed it down to the Denon AVR-2801, Pioneer VSX-859RDS and Yamaha RX-V800RDS, I'm not really bothered about DD 6.1, 7.1 etc. as my room is not big enough. All of these have received good reviews and ideally I would demo them but as the nearest store is about an hour away its not possible. Does anyone have any experience with these amps or can anyone recommend some more I may have missed?
    BTW I will be using it for movies only.
    Cheers!

2. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mustang,
    i bought the DENON 2801 about 3 weeks ago and to be honest mate i can't rate it highly enough. this denon machine is one awesome piece of equipment, and if your like me, pretty new to home cinema, you will be astouded by what it is capible of. Im just waiting to save up a few more £notes to purchase the mission fs a/v series speakers. to complement it. i demoed the denon 2801 and sony 940db in the shop and for me the denon won hands down. If you decide to opt for the denon 2801 you WON'T be dissapointed. I also bought this in GOLD and it looks like SEX on legs. hope this has helped out.
    mark p.

3. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Personally, I would go for the Yamaha every day of the week and twice on Sundays, given your shortlist. It would be remiss of you not to audition all of these as you are the one going to listen to, and pay for, the amp.

Russell

4. mustang

mustang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen all these on the internet for alot cheaper than hi-street prices so if I arrange a demo at Sevenoaks for example what do I say to them when I know I'm not going to but from them?. Also are the connections adequate for my setup, I have SAT, VCR, DVD and Hitachi widescreen TV x2 scarts.
    Cheers!