1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon / Panasonic or Philips

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by shaunflynn, Feb 9, 2005.

1. shaunflynn

shaunflynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking into getting an All in one for a little while now, and thought I had settled on the Denon 550.

I had thought I would also like to get a recorder as well, and reading the reviews in the new Home cinema mag they have recommended the Panasonic SC-HT1500 and the Philips LX7500R. Has anybody had any experience of either of these two?

Thanks

Shaun

2. leagro

leagro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought an LX7500R. I was originally planning to get a denon, but the recorder bit swung me in favour of the Philips. As you have seen, the reviews on this wery pretty good.

The one thing that i had a small reservation about was it having a passive sub - having read that active was the way to go. But the reveiws on the sound quality of the Philips were good so it didn't bother me too much.

This is the first system I have bought, so unfortunately I can't really advise on how good\bad it compares to others. All I can say is that the sound is definately good enough for me (at the moment!) & the dvd is better than my Sony, which was forever having problems reading disks - no problems with the Philips so far.

Cheers
    kieron

3. ollielfc

ollielfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    where did you get it from and how much

4. leagro

leagro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Comet, paid £650. I guess there would be better deals on t'internet though.

5. seoulchre

seoulchre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking at this one now as well after reading the review mentioned. I had initially thought about the Sony DAVSR4 but this looks a better option. I have a philips DVDR610 recorder at the moment so this allows me to keep that functionality but get al the surround options I need and the wife will be happy as it matches our 30" Philips LCD.

Just for info I've seen this on the web for around £493.

So does anyone care to offer any more experiences with it before I go and splash some cash?

6. ollielfc

ollielfc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    £493 where from i am interested would go well with my philips 9986lcd

7. seoulchre

seoulchre
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    www.cheapelectricals.co.uk. I emailed them last night witha couple of queries and got a pretty unhelpful response back. I'll be going else where. Sorry to get your hopes up.