1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon + Panasonic AE700 - HELP!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by grisas, Nov 14, 2004.

1. grisas

grisas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello.
    Sorry my bad english but I'm Portuguese. I have a problem with my new denon 2910 and the tech support in here did not help me.
    I recently bought an denon 2910, a Supra hdmi cable to hook it up with a panasonic AE700 projector. When I put de signal mode in 720p or 1080i i get black borders around the image. The second problem is a "flash" that occurs randomly and 2/3 times during a movie that seems to be a break on the hdmi signal. Is there any firmware that can fix those problems? Does anyone here have the same setup? I hope you can help me with this. I really love this player, but this problems don't let me love it more.

thank you for any help you can give me.
    joao grisantes

2. Murray

Murray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    :censored: :censored: Im sorry to say I think you are going to have to live with the problem. I also have the 700 projector and prior to that I had the Hitachi TX100, I use the pioneer DV S969AVi G (HDMI) player. When you play on 720p or 1080i you get the black edges missing the 16.9 masking. This is a rotten problem that you are going to have to live with!!! I have tried a Denon, Samsung, Panasonic and my Pioneer all on HDMI or DVI and they are all the same. 99% of the films just wont meet the edge of the black masking. The only way is to drop the resolution below 720p or 1080i which is not the reason we bought HDMI players for. Again everything is ok also on component but forget about a perfectly masked picture on HDMI. I have been to visit Panasonic and had to give them a personal demo as they didnt believe it to be true over the phone. Well at least they now know in New Zealand the fault exists! Seems like HDMI still has a few more improvements needed! Its an underscan problem and it cant be fixed! I have been making enquiries by maybe using the iscan but they tell me the next model that they bring out will have the facility to correct this fault. There are some players that the picture size can be changed on HDMI/DVI (Momitsu) but Im told its a bit of a Dog!
    If you find any good answer to this problem please let me know! Ive asked so many people in the industry and no body has an answer. Ive just really started to live with it but Im still far from happy! It really does make you angry that the best picture quality is completly ruined by an unmasked picture :offtopic:

3. kukken

kukken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

a have the same problem whit the denon 2910 and the ae700
    its lose signal in hdmi 2-4 times during a dvd
    is the a update ???

kukken from danmark

4. Toine

Toine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there

I´ve also a dvd-2910 with a pt-ae700.
    The picture is fantastic, although i get on the left side a very small black bar from less the 1 cm. I didn´t notice it at all before i read this post.

Especially when you enable enhanced-black on the denon, the picture is perfect.

Connected with a € 20,- 5m. hdmi cable. No problems at all. I use 720P

reagrds,

Toine

5. Nikumba

Nikumba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have the same issue with the break in teh HDMI single but im useing a Pioneer 668

Nikumba

6. kukken

kukken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

then it muse be the cabel or the ae700 its the problem,
    how long is you cabel, i use 8 meter supra hdmi-hmdi

kukken

7. Nikumba

Nikumba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Im using a 1m HDMI lead, not sure of make since its at home, but its purple and heavily shielded was abbout £40 might be a QED one

Nikumba

8. paulw77

paulw77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I have the same problem with my Denon DVD-1910 and Sanyo PLV-Z2 combination. Switching between inputs on the projector solves the problem, but only in 1080i. The problem only exists on PAL material in my experience.

9. miker

miker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the HDMI FLASH issue too. Its not terrible but once you notice it, it gets anoying. I have version 2910 (Make day 831) (system 6768-2) (ess6720-4) and will be upgrading to (ess6720-7) in a minute !! I got this from the Denon USA website and hope it will be ok. It updates the HDMI to version 1.1.
    Maybe this will help.... soon see I suppose.

Mike

10. spotthedog

spotthedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The flash is a known 700 HDMI issue, check out the 700 tweak thread on AVSforum from the States. It seems that a firmware upgrade may solve this issue. I don't know if this is available in the rest of the world yet, I'm trying to find out from Panasonic UK at the moment. The combination of flashes and VB is really annoying.

spot

11. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    This is one of the main worries of going the DVI route to my TX100, that and the fact I'll need a 12m+ cable run.

Wouldn't manual zooming sort it though? Interesting you used to have the TX100. Would the over-scan facility help on the TX100?

...PJ