Denon owners GET the APP

basserphil

Established Member
Reaction score
i have a 4300h 5.1.4 setup, did all the audessey setups many times and atmos was ok but underwhelming...........last night i found a thread on here about the Denon App, thought ok £20 might give it a go.........i now have the sound i have always thought i was going to get, all the speakers sing in harmony and the sound is crystal clear with superb directional audio....the app takes a few minutes to get your head round and you have to redo your sound with your mic and cardboard rocket, but boy the best £20 i ever spent.....Denon, this app should be free to all us owners and why does this work and manual settup not? for me there really is a night and day difference.

i have a 4300h 5.1.4 setup, did all the audessey setups many times and atmos was ok but underwhelming...........last night i found a thread on here about the Denon App, thought ok £20 might give it a go.........i now have the sound i have always thought i was going to get, all the speakers sing in harmony and the sound is crystal clear with superb directional audio....the app takes a few minutes to get your head round and you have to redo your sound with your mic and cardboard rocket, but boy the best £20 i ever spent.....Denon, this app should be free to all us owners and why does this work and manual settup not? for me there really is a night and day difference.
Interesting.. You got any more info on this? Wouldn't mind giving it a try

just go to your app store on your phone,look for the denon app and take a gamble? lots of people are not happy with the app, but i have had zero problems with it.

I’ve been tempted to spend £20 and get the app but the curve adjustments and messing about puts me off. I wouldn’t know where to start with adjusting EQ curves.

Last edited:
May I ask which changes you did to your curves or settings? I am also using the MultEQ app, but can't say I have had quite the epiphany you have.

i didnt change any of my settings as the sound just worked, its a good idea to put up your screens of the sound curves onto the forum, the people on the forum are very knowledgeable and will point you in the right direction as to which speakers need tweaking etc,

Make sure anyone wanting to use the app checks first that their model is supported. Don't spend the money then find out it doesn't connect :)

i didnt change any of my settings as the sound just worked,
This was also my experience, although I did go back and remove the midrange compensation. I have been unwilling to state with certainty that it was the app that made the difference, but...

I’ve been tempted to spend £20 and get the app but the curve adjustments and messing about puts me off. I wouldn’t know where to start with adjusting EQ curves.
You don’t have to mess with curves. You can just remove mid range compensation (a toggle switch so dead easy) and leave it at that. App is pretty damn straightforward to use plus it means you can be out of the room while you’re running the chirps so you’re not having to listen to them.

You don’t have to mess with curves. You can just remove mid range compensation (a toggle switch so dead easy) and leave it at that. App is pretty damn straightforward to use plus it means you can be out of the room while you’re running the chirps so you’re not having to listen to them
Thanks swiftpete. Haven’t had time to watch/use any of my AV stuff recently and now got the dreaded covid. I’ll get this app and see if it makes any difference to my X2700. Wonder if it’s worth getting the app for my mid range receiver🤔

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom