viewer

Standard Member
Reaction score
Whats the views on theses set ups:

Looking at either Denon 3910 DVD + 3805 to Panny HD7

or

Pioneer 868i and pioneer VSX-AX5ai again to panny HD7

any views, experience etc etc

Forgot to add that the speakers I decided on are Anthony Gallo due, advia(2) and Micros(4) with Velodyne sub

so whats better with this setup Pioneer AX5ai or Denon

viewer said:
so whats better with this setup Pioneer AX5ai or Denon

Very subjective as both of these setups are great, although am I right in saying that the Denon is slightly cheaper?

However, my preference would be the Pioneer, mainly because I'm not too fond of the Denon 3805 remote plus the Pioneer has better stereo performance imo.

Try and go for a demo and judge for yourself :thumbsup:

Thanks for your views tejstar. Had my mind set on denon until i heard the Pioneer, now I can't decide

I'd say of the amps, the Denon is better. But of the DVD players, the Pioneer is definately more reliable and performance wise they won't be much in it.

If I had to call a winner, I'd give it to the Pioneer... simply because IMO, Denon DVD players can't be trusted.

Any reason you're not auditioning Arcam gear? I spent a long time looking at the 3910, 868 and DV79 and ended up choosing the Arcam. Definitely worth auditioning IMHO.

Merry Xmas!

I spent a long time auditioning the 868 and the dv79, and saw very little diffrence between them, if any! As for the £300 price diffrence, I went for the 868.

Henry said:
Any reason you're not auditioning Arcam gear? I spent a long time looking at the 3910, 868 and DV79 and ended up choosing the Arcam. Definitely worth auditioning IMHO.

Merry Xmas!

I think that I' d range them in the following way

Audio:
1. Arcam
2. Pioneer
3. Denon

Picture:
1. Pioneer & Denon (Can't see much difference, both are superb)
2. Arcam (great but still less flexible because of the lack of HD scaler)

In the end we see that Pioneer is more preferable :smashin:

Hi,

I'm a new comer and firstly thanks all posters for your fruitful comments here.

As your list is similar to mine and so just want to share my experience as I just bought AX5Ai+3910 (bought 2 mths ago). I did several rounds of listening against:
1. Denon 3805
2. Yamaha RX2500
3. Pioneer 2014i & AX5Ai

The reasons for AX5Ai:
Features:
1. For me, sound comes first so 3910. But it wastes your $ for 3805 to buy the Denon decoder twice.
2. I-Link and USB.
3. Bi-amp.
4. More quality-built, e.g. plug, speaker plug, case, etc.

Sounds:
1. Open sound field, much better than 3805 and the same with 2500. 2014 is more open but less stable.
2. Mid & Bass control, much better than 2500 & 2014 and the same with 3805.

Testing software:
1. Eagles - Hotel Califonia Live
2. Dire Stratis
3. Some Chinese vocals (I'm a Chinese)
4. Wilson Audio Test CD (a serious of pin-point drum)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom