Denon or Panasonic DVD+Receiver?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alefsin, Apr 7, 2005.

1. alefsin

alefsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I'm going to buy a DVD-player and a receiver and would like to use them mostly to play DVD and watch TV (digital cable receiver). The TV is a LCD display with HDMI input.
    I'm wondering which of these two combinations to choose:
    • Denon 1910 + 2105
    • Panasonic S97 + SA-XR70
    The total price is very similar in these two cases. Denon solution has the minor disadvantage that the receiver does not have HDMI input or ouput but in fact besides the DVD player, I've got no other device with HDMI output. The Panasonic solution has one advantage: S97 can play DivX, VCDs and SVCDs so I can play even the oldest discs in my archive. Denon 1910 can only play DVDs. I have not found any direct comparative review between these two (betwen S97 and 1910 or between 2105 and XR70) so I don't have any idea which one has a better PQ/SQ.
    So what's your idea? Denon solution or the Panasonic's?

Regards
    AlefSin

2. kevinsmith98

kevinsmith98
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Denon 1920 seems to do all the audio/DivX formats you could realistically want, would look good paired/matched with the Denon AVR 1906 or the Denon AVR 1705.

I am being swayed towards the 1920 paired with the 1906, but haven't seen/heard them together so can't say if they are any good together.

the reviews i have seen of the 1920 seem OK though. has anyone seen a review of the 1906? :lease: