denon or onkyo

rb5201

Looking for a replacement amp, most likely either denon, 1909 2309 2809, or onkyo 806 or 906, budget around £600. Richer sounds have the denon 1909 for just £299, is it worth me spending a bit more?
It will be running M&K K4s and K5s with 10" sub.

Any thoughts??

pepsi

I had the same question in my head 2 weeks ago.

I ended up getting the 806 (black) from Richer Sounds. The 806 was replacing a Denon 1905 which was pretty good but the sound that now comes from my 806 is amazing, much more depth and sense of feeling in the audio. It is a big beat though, not massive but bigger than the Denon. Music sounds good to which my Denon always felt a little soft and limp with!

My only issue with the 806 is that it won't take banana plugs or at least it won't take mine??

the id

Just upgraded from a Denon 3805. Auditioned the Onkyo 876, Denon 2809, Denon 3808A and Yamaha 1900. My final choice was the Onkyo 876 for £650, with film soundtracks there was no competition the Onkyo's performance outshone the others easily. Despite certain reviews stating that other AV receivers were a notch above (Yamaha 1900 in particular) for music, I preferred the Onkyo.

Be aware that manufacturers will be starting to increase their prices over the next month, it has widely be reported that Denon receivers will be going up by 20% or more :suicide: , not sure of price increases by others.

War :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom