1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon or Onkyo

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steve k, Nov 14, 2001.

1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Can anyone suggest which AV amp to go for out of these two, the Denon AVR3802 or the Onkyo TX-DS696.

The Onkyo is only 5.1 but has 5 x130 watts per channel, the Dennon has 7 x 105 watts.

Also it was suggested that the Kef KHT2005 speakers would go ok with these amps.

Any suggestions welcolm.

2. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Also can anyone suggest a good price Sevenokaks quoted £850 for amp and £800 for speakers

This included coming to my house and setting it all up with all the leads & cables need.

3. dochall

dochall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a 3802 and the Kef Eggs which I'm very happy with both for AV and music.

You should be able to get both for around £650 each. Suppliers have for both have been mentioned in these forums before - try the search facility.

Of course you won't get the setup and will pay for the leads. The setup is actually very straightforward. Open a beer read the manual and away you go. If they are going to give you decent cable then it does represent a saving but not a huge one. Are they going to provide the interconnects as well?