Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon or Onkyo

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steve k, Nov 14, 2001.

1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Can anyone suggest which AV amp to go for out of these two, the Denon AVR3802 or the Onkyo TX-DS696.

The Onkyo is only 5.1 but has 5 x130 watts per channel, the Dennon has 7 x 105 watts.

Also it was suggested that the Kef KHT2005 speakers would go ok with these amps.

Any suggestions welcolm.

2. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Also can anyone suggest a good price Sevenokaks quoted £850 for amp and £800 for speakers

This included coming to my house and setting it all up with all the leads & cables need.

3. dochall

dochall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a 3802 and the Kef Eggs which I'm very happy with both for AV and music.

You should be able to get both for around £650 each. Suppliers have for both have been mentioned in these forums before - try the search facility.

Of course you won't get the setup and will pay for the leads. The setup is actually very straightforward. Open a beer read the manual and away you go. If they are going to give you decent cable then it does represent a saving but not a huge one. Are they going to provide the interconnects as well?