• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon or Onkyo

JoeF2k2

Banned
in process of selling my b&ws and amp and looking for a new smaller setup but pretty good !!!

Im currently considering the Monitor audio hd range and amps in mind are the denon 1909 or onkyo 606.

Now are these good choices? are any better than the other as price difference is a bit between em with denon being more expensive.

should i consider any others along with any other speaker packages?

Budget on amp is £300

Passingbat

Distinguished Member
I would go with the warm sounding amps if using the MA speakers, so Yamaha or Denon. If you could go to £350, you can get the Yamaha 765; £400 will get you the Denon 1910.

You could look at the Denon 1610 at £290, depending o what speakers you're using.

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
If you can stretch to £400 then the 1910 would be a great choice. However th yammy at £350 is a nice alternative. But yeah a warm amp because of what dicklodge said above :smashin:

Cheers

Saf

JoeF2k2

Banned
okay guys cheers, so what about the 1909 ? worth paying more for it compared to a 1610 for example? also not 100% sure on speakers yet but MA are what im looking at for now, any other suggestions which will compare to them

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom