Denon or Marantz?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by burgor57, Aug 2, 2006.

1. burgor57

burgor57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I'm about to purchase my first "quality" DVD player. Looking at either a Denon 2910 or 3910, or alternatively a Marantz 7600 or 9600.

Can anyone speak from experience which way I should go on this? I need a good picture and good CD audio playback too. All the above get rave reviews, but which should I go for.

Am I right nto compare the Denon 2910 with the Marantz 7600?
    Is there a definate 'winner' between them, or is it all relative?

Will hook up with a Sony Bravia LCD, probably the 46" V-Series, unless someone knows better!!

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    I've not seen either of the Marantz models in action, so can't help with a comparrison, but both the Denons are about to be replaced by the 2930 and 3930. so you might get a bargain there if there any old models about, as the 2900 - forerunner to the 3910 - went for around £400 at the end.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/DenonDVD3930CI1080p.php

I've got the 3910, and think its a great piece of kit, some people have complained about the CD playback, comparing it to MP3's, but I've not experienced this at all.

3. burgor57

burgor57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So what's a good price to expect for a Denon3910 then, which would be my prefered choice of Denon obviously?

4. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +399
    The new models won't be out for a couple of months or so, so you may have to wait to get the best bargains, but I would suggest £500 or less is a good target to aim for. I bought mine last year when they were first released and paid £620, so the bargains can be had.

5. rhino2k

rhino2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    i have a 7600 and it is a great player. the 3910 was another player i considered but the CD playback on the marantz is awesome :cool:

6. burgor57

burgor57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that's also interesting. Did you actually hear a comparison between the 3910 and the 7600 then? As far as DVD film playback, was there anything between them?

7. rhino2k

rhino2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    no did'nt demo it mate, the denon was near £900 at the time, so nearly double what i payed for the marantz :eek:

prices have dropped alot just recently though due to the impending release of new models :)

video playback is suppost to be very good on the 3910, best thing i could recommend is demo them. i would be very surprised if you were dissapointed with the 7600 though ;)