• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question denon or marantz?

stegalv

TV and projector upgrade to expensive at present so my amp is next on the list,but can't decide on the marantz 7010 or the denon 6200w.
Leaning towards the denon,supposedly better components and still made in Japan(does that matter anymore)
140w per channel compared too 125w on the marantz.
But as the denon has only just come out there are no discounts around,everyone has it at £1799 so if I go the denon route may wait and see what happens around christmas.
The marantz looks like it has around same features but is around £400 cheaper,said to be made in China,read reports that the sound is a bit more detailed,don't know if me ears would notice though.
Anything else different between the 2?.is the denon a' better' amp and worth the extra?

kbfern

Distinguished Member
There is a 7010 forum review going to be posted by Steve Withers in the next day or so which we are all waiting for. It won't tell you how good the Denon is but if the Marantz has a favorable review we already know how good the X7200 is and the X6200 should not be far behind that.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom