Denon no longer making AV Amplifiers?

Glenn Keen

I'm still looking to replace my aging old Denon AVC-A10SE amp and I was looking on Denon's website and I noticed they no longer have any amp listed in the AV Amplifiers section.

Are the ones listed in the the Av Receivers section their only amps now, with the AVR-4520 being the top of the range model?

Because at around £2000 the AVR-4520 seams to be a much cheaper option to the old top of the range AVP-A1HDA.

So are we expecting them to bring out some new AV Amplifiers or is the AVR-4520 going to remain the top of the range one?

Cheers for any info.

dante01

Distinguished Member
They class all their current models as AV receivers due to their inclusion of a radio receiver. This is now a common practice and the manufacturers no longer make the same models both with and without a radio receiver.

Denon and Marantz are basically the same concern now and Marantz still produce higher end options such as their pre/pro and power amps.

Last edited:

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Have a look towards the new Arcam products coming. The new 750 looks like it will be a monster and from what we hear, it work's without any issues thus far. I think one will be coming to our showroom for testing as we have so many Projects in one place.

Cannot wait to hear it as the 600 was a beast even though it had quite a few teething problems.

Regards, Shane.

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
Sorry. Hadn't noticed the budget. Look toward the 450 from Arcam or the Anthem MRX700. The 700 have been around for. Little time and is quite an av receiver. The Arcam is another's newby from Arcam and looks interesting indeed.

Regards, Shane.

RayP

Glenn,

My AVC-A10SE died last year after 13 years of wonderful service. I took my speakers into Superfi in Stockport and listened to a Yamaha RX-A3010 and Pioneer LX85. The Yamaha was a clear winner and it produces better hi-fi sound that my Denon which I loved.

Yamaha have a new range out now and you should consider the RX-A3020 if you're serious about your sound. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Glenn Keen

Many thanks for the replies.

I'll have always liked the Denon amps but I'll certainly check those other ones out.

RayP

I would look at the arcam avr400 they are now half price that would save you a grand
What's the reliability like? As much as I would have loved to have bought British even my Arcam retailer admitted there were some issues with reliability on some models.

martin 39

I have had network issues but I think I am one of a very few . And to be fair on arcam there support has been fantastic and they are willing to do a straight swap . Other than that I have been nothing other than impressed

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
The AVR400 & AVR360 have been fine.

Regards, Shane

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom