Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon "Mech error..."

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ringworm2, Oct 8, 2005.

1. ringworm2

ringworm2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I recently attempted making my Denon ADV-500sd region free by applying the software found in another thread in this forum. Well, I burned the cd, inserted it and the denon seemed to accept. However, when I turned it on I got a "mech Error" on the screen and it won't even eject. Is there a way for me to re-set the machine so I can get it working again.

I tried unplugging it for a couple of days, but I get the same message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. thomo99

thomo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bet you wished you never messed with it now, sorry to say that but a message to most, if you dont know what your doing , dont do it.

3. Conn

Conn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Hmmm....I did exactly the same thing.... :(

Sent it back to the retailer I bought it from - unrepairable, they gave me a new one. Must admit I was not completely open and honest as to what had caused the error ;) I was fortunate enough to have removed the disc before it died, avoiding any tricky explanations.

Good luck.