Denon M40 DAB,problem playing discs

Mathie58

Novice Member
I have started to have problems playing some of my cd's,I have about 100 discs and now suddenly about 6 of them will not play,an unsupported message appears.I have tried using a cd cleaning kit but that that has not helped.I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what is causing this to happen.Should I try factory reset?

larkone

You could try a factory reset but this is unlikely to fix it, sadly it sounds like the laser is dying and this is not an item that is easy/economical to fix.

sinnottj

I have started to have problems playing some of my cd's,I have about 100 discs and now suddenly about 6 of them will not play,an unsupported message appears.I have tried using a cd cleaning kit but that that has not helped.I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what is causing this to happen.Should I try factory reset?

Did you ever resolve this?

I'm having similar problems with my M40: it makes a loud ticking noise when playing some CDs, and others just produce the 'unsupported' message.

I have the same problem too,after it being used for 1 hour each night for less than 3 years,did anyone fix it?I think I'm going to throw it out

LampPost

You could try cleaning the lens, use a cotton bud and meths (or IPA), be sparing as you could effect the glue that holds the lens in.

Make sure you unplug from the mains and DO NOT look into the lens!

If that does not work you are looking at a new laser assembly...

You could try cleaning the lens, use a cotton bud and meths (or IPA), be sparing as you could effect the glue that holds the lens in.

Make sure you unplug from the mains and DO NOT look into the lens!

If that does not work you are looking at a new laser assembly...
Hi I did take the lid off,but I didn't go any further,I couldn't get to any of the parts.I suppose I would be worried about not putting it back together again properly

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom