1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon Link help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by juniper, Sep 28, 2004.

1. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have a lovely newly acquired Denon 3910 which is connected to a 3805. I cannot however get the Denon Link option under Digital Interface Setup to light - i.e. it will not let me select that option. I have the D-link cable connected OK (I think :blush: ), I have set up the input configuration on the 3805 to Dlink, which now shows "Ext In" when set to "Auto", and "DLink" appears lit up on the 3805's display.

I am sure I am missing something simple, and before someone says :rtfm: , well I have :confused: . Can someone help? :lease:

On another point, it also says in the manual (just to prove that I did read it :)) that the 3910's speaker settings are invalidated when the Denon Link connector is connected. Does that actually mean what it says? (i.e. either there is no point in even setting speaker outputs for the analogue connections when playing SACDs, or that you should disconnect the Denon Link when doing so), or does "connected" here mean "operational" or "being used" :confused: :confused: . I would of course try this out if only I could get the link to work in the first place :( .

Everything alse appear to be great by the way :)

2. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I may have answered my own question here :blush: - I have just posted a response to "Black Denon versus Silver Pioneer" which may be the answer - if so then I apologiose for wasting anyone's time! (If I haven't got it right - need someone still to confirm). I think that the Denon disables Denon Link if you have HDMI fully enabled?........I'll find out when I test it tonight.

3. juniper

juniper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Tried it - didn't work :(

Anyone got any ideas............. :lease:

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Did you get any resolution to this as I am having exactly the same problem. I just sold an 868 and replaced with a 3910 specifically to use Denon Link but cannot for the life of me get it to operate. Exactly the same scenario as you with display indications etc.

Just cannot get Denon Link to be available in the 3910 menu option. Driving me crazy. If they say this doesn't work then it all goes back.

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Fixed it.

Firstly you cannot alter the Denon Link settings while a disk is playing. However, I found this out by carrying out the MR firmware upgrade (disc removed after upgrade) so not sure if it would have worked with no disc inserted before the upgrade or if the upgrade fixed it.

I would suggest anyone having the same problem firstly try making the setup changes when no disc is inserted in the player. If that does not work, and ytou have not already done so, then carry out the MR firmware up[grade then try it.

Good luck.

6. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi Neil

Nice one!! I must be honest I got caught out on this one as well... the manual just isn't clear enough. Got a bit racked off after about 1 hour so just put the old Fibre cable in until it was resolved... :blush:

Gotta ask you all though, does your RC-970 rattle??? I mean when you shake it, does it sound like theres a small piece of plastic knocking around inside??

Only ask as mine does... Ive been told its the sensor inside that is moving :laugh: Sounds kinda plausible!!!

Thanks

CH

7. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Well, my remote is the RC972 and, no, it has no rattle whatsoever. Is the battery cover maybe a bit loose?

8. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi M

Thanks for the quick response. I kinda hoped you'd say it did :confused:

The RC-972 yes is the remote for the player but i have the 3805. Its this remote thats rattly (but its a great remote to use!) Its restored my faith in Denon.... well amost.

Im gonna post a new thread just to be sure before i get on my horse down to 7oaks with my pistols ready :nono: :nono: :nono:

Cheers

CH

9. Calleva

Calleva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Coolhand,

Yes the 'rattle' in the RC for the 3805 is the tilt switch for the back light - they all do that!

I've also been having problems getting to some of the audio selections - turning the unit fully off (i.e. the power switch, not just standby) and on again with no disk inserted brings up the full set of menus. Mine is un-modded so far.

10. Arshad

Arshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Messiah,

You mean if the D link on Denon 3910 doesn't work then you need to upgrade the firmware? Where do you get these firmwares from? I spoke to the Denon dealer in my area and they don't have any firmware at all.

Cheers

11. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Just try running the setup with no disc inserted. If you want the MR firmware then there is a post in this forum with a link.