Denon Link and HD sound formats

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Tommy Angelo, Jan 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Tommy Angelo

Tommy Angelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Denon 3805 and I'm very happy with it. I have always thought when I get an HD player I'll have to start saving to get a new amp to support the new audio formats.

What I was wondering was, since the 3805 has Denon Link will Denon's BluRay players be able to send the HD audio to the receiver for room EQ and amplifying? I think it is technically possible to do in 5.1 because it can be done with DVD-A and SACD but what about 7.1?

I would be really happy if it turns out that my 3805 can use the new formats without having to use Ext. In. (No room EQ) It would save me having to spend £1000 just to decode some new formats when I already have a perfectly good set of amps and electronics.

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,041
    Would be nice if Denon Link was able to support the new HD formats but even though it might be technically possible, their new Blu Ray players don't have Denon Link.

3. Tommy Angelo

Tommy Angelo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why on earth have they dropped Denon Link on these high end players?

Hopefully they will release players with Denon Link later on and let the 3805 receive the HD sound formats.

4. dancoh

dancoh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    They have dropped it cause Bluray requires HDCP content protection. And that is only available over HDMI.