Denon home or HS1 as rear speakers

Msib

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, apologies if this has been discussed but I have recently bought a house and it has a 5.1 set of speakers in the walls already. the rear speakers are in the ceiling and overhead. I have a marantz nr1711 with HEOS. now i saw a thread on the denon website (HEOS SURROUND SPEAKER SETUP FOR HEOS AVR) which suggets that I could use HS1 as rear speakers wirelessly. this would allow me to have an atmos setup, with the celing speakers acting as height ones and not having to run cables on what is now a clean setup. But i also see this thread that suggests that this is not possible ()

does anyone have experience of this before I drop 2-300 GBP on this?

Many thanks

Denon/Marantz haven`t marketed that ability so it isn´t possible to do with NR1711. Only Yamaha receivers has that wireless surround ability with Yamaha Music Cast speakers.

If I remember correctly, it was only possible for the HS1 with the class D HEOS AVR.

thanks both. it seems strange as the heos avr also seems to use HEOS as the basis so why limit it to that? is this something a future firmware update could fix?

thanks both. it seems strange as the heos avr also seems to use HEOS as the basis so why limit it to that? is this something a future firmware update could fix?

I don´t think it would be as easy as firmware fix as they need to get the speakers working with Audussey etc. on the normal av-receiver models. It´s bit questionable why they haven´t implimented the wireless surround feature yet as it has big marketing potential and something many are intrested due to nagging wifes (visible wires).

However keep in mind that the so called wireless speakers aren´t fully wireless, each speakers will have powercords so you need to place them close to wall sockets.

yam_mc40_200_1010456959.jpg

I don´t think it would be as easy as firmware fix as they need to get the speakers working with Audussey etc. on the normal av-receiver models. It´s bit questionable why they haven´t implimented the wireless surround feature yet as it has big marketing potential and something many are intrested due to nagging wifes (visible wires).

However keep in mind that the so called wireless speakers aren´t fully wireless, each speakers will have powercords so you need to place them close to wall sockets.

yam_mc40_200_1010456959.jpg
but they managed it with the denon AVR and this does not seem to use anything in particular that is not part of HEOS. have gone with ghost wire speaker cable.

Apologies just watched another video to confirm what you've said. Initially it sounded as if the speakers could be used, when I watched the first video. But the video I just watched it is confirmed the speakers can only be used in another zone. Could not make that nonsense up🙄

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom