Denon Home 550 Switching

Rockpoolie

Standard Member
I just bought a Denon Home 55 Atmos sound bar and i've got it up and running now, bit of a faff as all my other like my old soundbar is Sony and it just worked. Anyway I've now set all the HDMis as they should be and the tv, which has the Sky signal linked via the ARC on the TV to the eARC on soundbar all good. The 4k player is direct to the HDMI in to the player and is working great to, just need to get a 4k disc with Atmos to check that out.

One thing is bugging me though. If I turn on the 4k player the bar picks this up and the video feed is sent automatically to the TV however the sound isn't it continues to play the HDMI ARC source until I revert to the TV speaker via the TV then change it back to the audio system which gives me both sound and video. What would cause the sound not to be channeled automatically to the bar ? I'm sure its me thats missing something. Even if I turn off the Sky box so theres no sound signal via the ARC HDMI I still dont get the 4K sound until I carry about the above speaker process.

Thanks in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom