• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Denon hifi problem

Budington 1986

Novice Member
Hi

Picked up 2 denon hifi separates plus speakers today. The issue I'm getting is the volume from the mini disc separate is really low I have to turn it up to maximum to get a hear it. Yet the C.D player volume is much louder and don't need turn it up nowhere near maximum.
I've followed the instructions and believe all is OK, audio leads are in the correct audio in / output plus speakers are connected right too.

Just seems strange volume off the mini disc is low, maybe I should try another disc?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Regards

Lee
20200926_205915.jpg

AmericanRodeo

Is it an integrated amp or is the a 3rd box they play into.

My first thought would be to swap the audio outputs from these two boxes to see if the fault follows the boxes or stays where it is.

Helps identify where the issue is.

DefDave

How is the MD connected to the amp? I can play a track from my net player via RCA's with volume at
9 o'clock position, but if I switch input to optical or coaxial, same volume is reached at 7 o'clock.

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
How is the MD connected to the amp?
The UDM-30 only has analogue input. But the DMD-30 has two outputs, so worth trying both. Also worth trying an old DVD player or similar with analogue output, just to ensure the UDM-30 inpus are good.
Try another disc. Record one yourself from the cd player and check the levels are correct.
This.

Edit
Just checked the manual for my old UDM-30. P.11 talks about matching inputs to output device. I've no idea what it does but it specifically says that devices won't work properly unless the input setting is matched to the device. It seems unlikely that the MD payer would have a low level output that needs to be matched by the setting, but no harm following the manual just in case.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom