• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Denon Heos - Sound Drops, Static/Popping Noise Too

Esilbe1

Novice Member
I bought a Denon HEOS Home Cinema soundbar and sub. Sounds amazing except when I change channels or fast forward/rewind content on my Tivo, it makes a static/crackling/popping sound. Sometimes, when performing the same tasks, there is a slight audio drop.

I called Denon who said this was normal behavior because the soundbar is an amplifier and not a passive receiver.

So what gives? Is that true? Why would this not be a problem with a passive system but is with an amplified soundbar?

If that's the case, can I expect this behavior with other soundbars?

For the price, I'm disappointed and their support sucks!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'Is that true?' - NO! :)

Is the issue only with the one Source or have you tried a different Source using the same connectivity?

There have been certain combinations of Source/Amp over the years where folk had similar issues until one or other device had a Firmware update.

Joe

Esilbe1

Novice Member
It happens across all devices :( The unit is with Denon for repair, although I doubt they'll figure it out if it's a software/drive issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom