Denon Heos HS2 amp or alternatives?

Rapidmagic

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm using Denon AVR-X2600 as a home cinema setup with Heos 250 speaker in a separate room.
I really enjoy using Airplay over home wifi with iphone/ipad with multiple rooms selection and separate volume control ect
The practicality and ease of use works for me.
I have a pair of great old Tannoys speakers and was thinking to buy Heos HS2 amp to add another room to the set up.
Anyone used Heos HS2 amp? Is this any good?
I was looking at alternatives but all I could find is Denon DRA800H with build in Heos but then I'll be using AVR just to power two speakers when it's all about connectivity for me.
Thanks for the help.

Which level of Tannoy speakers are you looking at hooking up? You could look at Denon's CEOL RCD-N11. Although this isn't a simple amplification unit as the HS2, but looking at something like this should also give you the option of playing other types of music without always being locked into the streaming options. You could also hook up another analogue source, digital sources together with DAB and if you wanted, you could also connect an external woofer to produce a large stereo sound stage. It also has Bluetooth connectivity to making it fare more flexible for others in the house. Being part of the HEOS family. Now it's no DRA800H, but if you are looking for a stand alone hi-fi component, then the latest stereo to include this options is the Denon PMA-900HNE

Which level of Tannoy speakers are you looking at hooking up? You could look at Denon's CEOL RCD-N11. Although this isn't a simple amplification unit as the HS2, but looking at something like this should also give you the option of playing other types of music without always being locked into the streaming options. You could also hook up another analogue source, digital sources together with DAB and if you wanted, you could also connect an external woofer to produce a large stereo sound stage. It also has Bluetooth connectivity to making it fare more flexible for others in the house. Being part of the HEOS family. Now it's no DRA800H, but if you are looking for a stand alone hi-fi component, then the latest stereo to include this options is the Denon PMA-900HNE
Hi Shane,
Thanks for the answer. The CEOL amp looks pretty good and I could use DAB radio as well which would be a bonus.
I have a pair of old Tannoys MK2..... just love the warm old school sound :)
IMG_1303.jpg

Looking at the spec, the speakers should work with the Denon to being nice and sensitive at 90dB and 8 Ohms plus only needing a minimum of 10w of power to get them moving. So, the CEOL will be ample to bring some life out of those old boys even though it's not the biggest amplifier on the market :smashin:

Looking at the spec, the speakers should work with the Denon to being nice and sensitive at 90dB and 8 Ohms plus only needing a minimum of 10w of power to get them moving. So, the CEOL will be ample to bring some life out of those old boys even though it's not the biggest amplifier on the market :smashin:
Thank you for your help.
much appreciated!

Best M

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom