1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon f100 stopped working?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by notmine, Oct 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. notmine

notmine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Denon owners,

I'm housesitting a fantastic place with a fantastic Denon av f100 set. Its been just a few weeks here, and the dvd player stopped working. The standby light is off, everythings plugged. but just won't turn on.
    Is this common? I tried plugging it seperately and still no life.
    I don't reckon i've done anything drastic to it except for connect my pc sound with headphone jack/phono into the md/tape monitor of the receiver, which was fine.

Am i missing something simple or do i have to buy a new dvdplayer- Couldn't find anywhere that sells just the player. Anyone know how much it would cost?

Cheers,

Kay

2. notmine

notmine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. legendgames

legendgames

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The DVD player of my F-100 system did EXACTLY the same. I got it repaired free within warranty.

However.... its gone wrong again, this time it plays CD's fine (95%) but will not locate DVD's or if it does (5%) then crashes when menu choices are made. Also, the disks come out REALLY hot - i mean hot hot. And the sound un-syncs from video and can only be re-sinked by pressing stop, then play again. not good!!!!!

Denon are repairing it free as we speak.

I've seen a few on ebay where the DVD player is listed as not working.

I have been very dissapointed with the unit - looks great, great size, but crap dvd!

so, it wasnt likely to be your fault!!!!

andy

4. pointyone

pointyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    do what i did get a different dvd player

by the way how do you find it sound wise