1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon etc...

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by stallanzii, Feb 11, 2005.

1. stallanzii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi Everyone

The last time I bought speaker cable was around 1997 - so i have no idea whats out there now - quality / price / etc.. I am still getting used to the fact that my lovely Tannoy big ones (!) are being replaced by dainty looking denons - but anyway...

I have just bought the PanasonicTH42PE30 & the DenonDHT500SD - am therefore looking to get some decent speaker cable to replace the Denon's own - any advice as to whether to bother or not if Denon ones are good enough??

For 6 speakers the min length would be around around 1M, the average around 3M and the max, 6M - see, I dont even know if thats relevent anymore for quality (!)

Max I want to spend is around £120 - £180

And as they are going to be wall mounted (half way up) it would be lovely if they were not enormous, either way if they are not transparant we will probably need a cover type thing (forgot the word)

ANy advice would be really appreciated - I am not being lazy, I have checked out a few posts and the reviews but have no idea what most of it means!

Thnx a mill