1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD900 Questions...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gavintennant, Jan 10, 2003.

1. gavintennant

gavintennant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm in the market for a new DVD player to replace my PS2 which I've been using till now. I'm looking at the Denon DVD900 player, I guess becuase it matches my Amp (Denon 2802 in Gold).
    I've done some searches and haven't found any major problems with it but maybe I've missed something?
    If any of you out there has one, I'd appreciate knowing how good it is relative to other players in that price range. the TV I'll be matching it up with will either be a Tosh 32ZD26B or a Loewe Vitros. More than likely the Loewe once I've convinced myself it's worth it!!
    Would this player be a good match for either TV or for the Loewe, maybe I should get a better one?

Really, I'm just wanting some more opinions on it. picture quality etc. Is it worth it or not really? Should I look for something else?

Thanks in advance for your help

Gavin

2. morg

morg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think it is a good player as it bypasses the annoying layer
    disc change and the picture through a decent scart cable
    is more than acceptable

3. gavintennant

gavintennant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that!
    Does anyone know what the decoding chip is?? I've read that the US version has the Faroudja chipset?? Is the UK version basically the same spec as the US version but without the component output??
    Oh and where did you buy this player from?? I can't seem to find anywhere online that actually sells it!!
    Thanks again!

4. Blaz

Blaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got this player and the version I got has a 10Bit/27Mhz video DAC instead of the 12Bit/54Mhz featured on the US version. It doesn't have Prog. scan or the Faroudja DCDi chip and there's only RGB output on mine. No component. The image is sharp, but some users says it is soft (US users) but I think it's good. Audio is also nice. And since I bought my player in Denmark I can't help you with your last question

5. vc820

vc820

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.avland.co.uk £200 for a multiregion one. Ordered mine and it came within a few days. Great service.

6. gavintennant

gavintennant
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm.... Talk about downgrading the spec!!! The player is so nice aswell!! What is the chipset used if anyone knows???