1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon Dvd5000

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by perry ferrit, Jan 11, 2003.

1. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A mate has got the chance to buy one of these players s/h and asked me to have a look on the net for some specs info revews etc but i cannot find anything. Does anyone out there own one and if so can you give me your views on the player pics and sound and also does anyone have any links.

Thank you...

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    a little dated now, but in its day was a brilliant DVD player (reference status for the time) and was the old day equivalanent to the current DVD-A1 (i.e. flagship model - albeit with older technology)

It got very good reviews and was essentially a very, very good DVD AND CD player , which was rare at that time...

The used to retail for £1600.

May be worth demoing it against a newer 3800 or something to get an idea of performance of old vs new...

It is likely to be gold as black were very rare, check it is also MR as getting an upgrade maybe difficult now...

JJ