1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD3910 for both music and movies.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by HarryW, Aug 10, 2005.

1. HarryW

HarryW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

I am new to this forum and I understand that there are masses of information however I am looking for advice from people who own the Denon DVD3910 or who have had a demo on both DVD and CD. Within the next months I will be purchasing a lot of AV kit and am looking for a DVD player to partner the Denon AVR3806 (when it arrives). The DVD player will replace my existing CD player and I will be looking to have solid movies and music performance from this player. Any advice is appreciated.

2. kumamoto

kumamoto
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    if you are really keen on cd playback then i suppose you might as well steer clear of the denon. Although a brilliant dvd player 3910 is not particulary good with cd, but great for movies and multi channel music playback.
    If music really matter, you could still get the denon and get a stand alone cd player or you try dvd players made by either Arcam or marantz.

3. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
  4. HarryW

HarryW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply’s, thinking about it I probably spend 70 % of my time on Movies and 30 % on Music. On that basis I think the DVD 3910 looks a solid choice. I’ll have a look at the Marantz though.

5. Ambient Fish

Ambient Fish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Harry, I have auditioned the 3910 as I was thinking of scrapping my existing CD and DVD players, it is, as other post suggest, excellent with both DVD and High res music formats but it really is a poor CD player, I decided to keep my existing CD player and save for the 3910.