1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon dvd2910 and panny 300 pj question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by LITTLEBRITAIN, Dec 12, 2004.

1. LITTLEBRITAIN

LITTLEBRITAIN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i have a panny 300 pj wich has a dvi input. i have connected a denon dvd2910 dvd player using dvi set to 480p and...........nothing!
    i have used my pj with a computer dvi and it works but pic quality was a lil well ropey. hence trying out the dvd player.
    HEEEEEELLLLLLP!
    does anyone know where im going wrong?
    thanks you all

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Does the player use HDCP with its' DVI output? If so then I don't think the AE300 is HDCP compliant, in which case the player probably won't allow a digital output.

Could be wrong, it's along time since I had my 300 and I don't know the 2900 player, I'm just hazarding a guess here.

3. LITTLEBRITAIN

LITTLEBRITAIN
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think it does mate. would that explain why i do get a picture when using the p.c?

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes .. what's happening is that the Denon is forcing a 'secure' connection with the display it's linked to .. blame the MPAA for this insanity .. whereas current PC soundcards don't inflict HDCP upon their users.

This friendly state of affairs can't last, expect HDMI when HD-DVD comes to PCs .. and that's probably the least of the inconveniences that will be foisted upon those wishing to watch HD material on a PC.

5. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 2910 requires HDCP compliance on both the HDMI & DVI outputs. From memory I don't think the AE300 is HDCP compliant.