denon DVD2900

S

service

I can buy this player new for £400.00 from lintone
Is it a good buy or not? I know it doesn`t have HDMI or DVi but by all accounts it`s a good player.

Cheers

Excellent player and that is a good price. I have never heard of the retailer before though.

you will also find that quite a few, myself included, have problems with them. I got my 2900 from Denon as a replacement for a 3800 (which was unusable because of the frequency of picture freezes and sound dropouts). With the very first disc I played on the 2900, you guessed, the sound dropped out. I still have the machine, and I still get sound problems, although far less frequently than with the 3800. Anyway, be warned, with Denon you have a good chance of various problems showing up, and their customer service is dreadful.

I was going to get one from them as well.They would multi region it or send the disc for 20 quid.what are they like?I have dealt with Mark,seems a nice guy.

I bought one of these from Moorgate finally. It's fantastic! It even plays cd's pretty good too. They matched the Lintone price and sent it for only £14.00. That's multi region as well. It looks superb with my Z3.
www.moorgateacoustics.co.uk

Well I went for it and I have to say that I think it`s the best £400.00 that I`ve spent in ages! Build quality is way better than a similar priced Pioneer and the performance is great. They made it Multi region for no charge and it was Mark that I dealt with. Refreshing to find a retailer who is not out to rob you blind!

Thanks for your help on this forum guys

Service, who did you buy it from in the end?

Have you tried CD's on it? If so, how do they sound?

I have a 2900 and had a 2800mk2 before that and have had NO problems at all with the players in any areas. Its a brilliant player for music but remember to use the 6 channel outs into your amp for sacd and dvd-a surround as the sacd signal doesnt get passed down the optical/coaxial.

There is only blacks left now...

Have you guys that got them recently had any problems???

Phil

mowbli said:
Service, who did you buy it from in the end?

Have you tried CD's on it? If so, how do they sound?

I got it from Lintone in Gateshead. CD`s sound very good, which I`m suprised at!

Haven't really listened to enough cd's to pass judgement yet, because I'm too busy enjoying the awesome sacd performance!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom