1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD2200 - Power button

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by daveb975, Oct 14, 2004.

1. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    I have just got a Denon DVD2200.

All seems fine, except for the fact the power button seems a little loose. When turning it on, it sometimes gets stuck in, before popping back out again.

The button is one of the on/standby ones, so can be left on all of the time, and then the player can be 'soft' powered up/down by the remote buttons.

Given that I will not be using the power button all of the time, does this sound like it will be an issue. Is it something that is worth sending the player back for?

Could anyone else who has a 2200/2900 confirm if theirs is the same?

The 2910/3910 seem to have completely different design of power buttons - perhaps this is why?

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,095
    Don't think they would have designed it to be loose like you describe, if its easy to do, just take it back to where you bought it from, or give them a call.

I have a 2900 but it must have a different design to the 2200. Its either off or standby, with the remote changing it from standby to full on.

3. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Sounds as though the 2900 similar to the 2200. When the button is out, the player is fully off, when it is in it can be toggled between 'on' and 'standby' by the remote.

When pushing the button in, it seems to snag against the casing slightly, beofre popping into position.

If I leave the button in, and plug it in at the wall, the player goes straight into 'on' mode, not 'standby'.

4. Mr Forgetful

Mr Forgetful

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have the 2200 and don't have the sticking power button problem, it should be a simple push in and out jobby, i'd take it back for the shop to look at!!

5. Colonel Burton

Colonel Burton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have the sticky button problem too, but found if you press it a certain way all is fine weird lol

6. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    I have found that now too. If you push the left of the button it is fine, push the right side it sticks slightly.

I am used to it now!