1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DENON DVD1710 - Any Opinions ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by andyboy, Jan 20, 2005.

1. andyboy

andyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

Does anyone own a Denon DVD1710 ? I currently own a Pioneer DV575S and am awaiting delivery of a JVC HV28P37SJE TV so I can use the DVD player via progressive scan.

My main question is whether the Denon is better than the Pioneer for Prog Scan usage as I am currently using the Pioneer with a Philips 28PW6517 and the amount of 'jaggies' that occur on some discs is shocking so I am a bit concerned as to whether it will carry this over even to Prog Scan.

Any help or opinions will be appreciated ! :confused:

2. Barzo

Barzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    As the owner of your TV and DVD player, I can say that the Pioneer will continue to give you a fit of the 'jaggies' in PAL Prog Scan, but not in NTSC Prog Scan.

Have a look at the thread on the Tosh 340e - a better alternative for PAL Prog. Sorry, I have no experience of any Denon players.

3. andyboy

andyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Barzo - checking out 340e RIGHT NOW :thumbsup:

4. sjl

sjl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I recently purchased a MR Denon 1710 from Sevenoaks and I have to say I am over the moon with it.
    It has not yet failed to play any of my backup discs yet regardless of what speed I burnt them at and the picture quality into my Panny PW6 is fantastic.

This replaced a Sony 535 which I had properly chipped and kept giving me C13 errors which considering it cost me almost £400 when I bought it and it has not seen a lot of use is pretty poor.

I say go with the Denon you wont be dissapointed :smashin:

Steve