Denon DVD

Paden

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all
Thinking of getting one of the new Denon players in the near future & wanted to know how people make them region free.
Are they chipped or is a new firmware download required as seems to be the case reading around.
If the later, how do you load it into your player?
Cheers, Paul

I think they all need to be chipped although i'm not sure.
Paul, where abouts to you live???

The Denon DVD2800 can be hacked by software. Download the software and burn it on a CD-R and play it. Then you'll have a region free and PAL progressive Denon DVD2800.
Denon is releasing two new players soon, the DVD 3800 and DVD A1, cost about 1000£ and 2500£.
I'm probably going for the 3800.

No news so far as to how the new players will be region modded.
Let's hope it's available as soon as they are released...I couldn't go back to a R2 only player now.

Also hoping that we get a decent PAL progressive too. (Is that hoping for too much?)

Regards,
Ian Guinan

A japanese site also has a picture of the 2900, possibly the 2800's replacement.

Thanks for the info all
It's the 3800 that's caught my eye as well, although like Ian I'd have to wait until a hack was available before making a purchase.
Mark, I'm in sunny (not!) Harlow, Essex.
Cheers, Paul

Ok, Paul, I live in Sudbury. My sister Sophie went out with a Paul Martin a while back.

I'm waiting for the predecessor to the A1, I know I will be waiting a while but I suspect that it will have M/C SACD playback.

Apparently Hollywood are nipping up over PAL progressive scan players (and therefore won't allow the manufacturers to produce them) because the analogue picture is so good, it competes with a digital link! I hope that the same hack that applies to the 2800 will also apply to the 3800 and A1.

Mark

Is that a shotgun there, or are you just pleased to be on the forums!
Not me I'm afraid.
Cheers, Paul

Paul, you're not interested to see what DENON do in the 4800 range then? Could be a hybrid progressive 3800/A1 intermix with SACD playback and DENON link!

Mark

Mark
I guess that model will be more expensive than the 3800 (?)
I definitely have to fold at a grand!
Where do all these new model numbers come from, are they already available in America/Japan?
Cheers, Paul

Yes, there is already a 4800 player in the US, a 5 disk version of the 3800 (Progressive DVD-Video and DVD-Audio). I shouldn't expect it is as good as the 3800 and I don’t expect that we will see that particular model over here. We did not see the DVD-5000 either.

The equivalent to the DVD-A1 is the DVD-9000 which means that they have left a gap in the 4*** and the 5*** sectors.

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom