Denon DVD-A1XVA settings?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by UlrikR, Jan 5, 2007.

1. UlrikR

UlrikR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys,

I have this fantastic player - however, I have some problems setting it up. Leaving all picture adjustments at standard yields a very dark picture with limited contrast (I use a Panasonic PT AX100 projector via HDMI). IRE is set to 0 as default.

What settings do you use/which picture adjustment settings have you changed? Further, should I change IRE to +7.5 and adjust black level/contrast to achieve a better picture?

I previously used a Denon DVD 3910 on the same setup and used the default picture adjustment settings and the picture had more contrast...

Hope someone can help - thanks a lot!

Ulrik

2. Jase

Jase
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,071
    Hi

Currently have mine with IRE set to 7.5. DVI - 720P Enhanced with the Black Level adjustment set to -2. It's worth playing around with either YCbCr and RGB (with or without Enhanced levels) and all other available adjustments to see which setting works best for you. :)

Other settings on mine are High Sharpness -4, Mid Sharpness +2 (although this doesn't affect the HDMI/DVI output), Enhancer +2, DNR +1, CCS - ON.

3. UlrikR

UlrikR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jase,

Thanks a lot! Will try it when I get home and see how it works.

Ulrik