Denon DVD-A1XV

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Thatsnotmynaim, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Anyone know if the Denon DVD-A1XV with it's fancy scaler will output via DVi-D, PAL material upscaled to 720p or 1080i resolution at 60Hz rather than 50Hz for us Panasonic owners? Also will it be able to upscale SKY to 720p or 1080i and output it at 60Hz rather than 50Hz too?

2. skinboots

skinboots
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, the a1xv will NOT upscale sky, as videoinputs are missing. it does, however, upscale dvd-pictures out of dvi and hdmi in 50 or 60 hz; in theory you can output pal in 60 hz and ntsc in 50 hz if you wish. in practice - I would not go there. I've tried it and was disappointed - pal-pictures in 60 hz via dvi into the panasonic pw6 look unnatural and have motion-problems (there is a slight jitter). I've decided on a denon 3910 for my panasonic pw6 with the latest firmware 6609-9 - connected component it will upscale pure pal and pure ntsc to 720 or 1080, has no MB to speak of (compared to panasonic s97 and denon 2910 it has none) and is showing the pluge-bar (blacker than black). the dvd-pictures are simply beautiful; btw connected via dvi there is no improvement in detail and an unnatural tone to the pictures; I fear, that sky-hdtv will have to be connected component - our panny won't do pal-hdtv over dvi.
    kind regards
    thomas

3. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm thinking of getting the 3910 and running it into my component board on the pw6. Is this what you are saying you do? The picture is really good then? I did see a dem of this dvd player through a projector(don't know which one) using component out and the blacks looked really good.

4. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Yes this is exactly what he is saying. Should be bl00dy good!!

5. skinboots

skinboots
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, that is indeed what I'm saying. if you are thinking of buying make sure, that the firmware version nr. ends with -9 or download it from www.hifi-forum.de (3910 firmware 6609-9 regionfree).
    good luck
    thomas

6. mark.king

mark.king
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers for that. Just looked at the link though and I wouldn't know where to look. Typical english person I am I can't read any other language lol