My sistem is:
Marantz sr7500 a/v
pionner dv565a
B&W dm602.5
Tannoy sensys dc2
Tannoy mx c
Music 80% movies 20% or i have to buy cd player. Thanks
Denon dvd a11 or marantz dv7600

those are a couple of odd choices, the A11 has been outdated by 2 newer models, and the 7600 is ok but nothing special.

Why are these your choice models out of interest,

And this is in the wrong forum, these are not Hi Definition players, needs reposting in the standard definition section

those are a couple of odd choices, the A11 has been outdated by 2 newer models, and the 7600 is ok but nothing special.

Why are these your choice models out of interest,

And this is in the wrong forum, these are not Hi Definition players, needs reposting in the standard definition section

Hi, welcome to the forum and apologies for the 'rude' post from gandley:thumbsdow.
Anyway, I happen to own a DV7600 & SR7500 and think they sound great for the price, which are currently around the £250-300 for used one.
The main reason I went for this, was for the quality of 'cd' playback, dvd is just a bonus and not forgetting the good reviews it got.:thumbsup:
Of coarse it not the best cd/dvd player out there, nothing priced at £600 new will ever be!:boring:
Finally, if you like 'the' Marantz sound, go for it mate, you won't regret it.

oi, that was not a rude post, it was just straight to the point.

It is the wrong forum, and there was not enough info to glean the exact use for these players chosen. Ie is video playback of any importance, if it is then the A11 has its known issues etc etc.

perhaps my view of the marantz upset you, but if audio is the main purpose then the A11 is hands down the winner.

All you have advised is, i own this aint it great, yeah it will be great for you too. way to go

and yes that was harsh:D :devil:

The MODS will no doubt move this thread soon (and delete my post)

My sistem is:
Marantz sr7500 a/v
pionner dv565a
B&W dm602.5
Tannoy sensys dc2
Tannoy mx c

OK i will be nice, if audio is really a biggy for you and film viewing is just a on the side thing, then invest in an arcam unit. When it comes to audio on a dvd player they are amoung the best. the A11 was good in its day but newer models probaly have it beat (from denon as well). the marantz is only averge when it comes to audio, so if thats your prime concern look else where. What about SACD and DVD audio, do you need that function?

I don't think the post was rude at all. Reading between the lines due to lack of info, like Dustin has done, then the post by Dustin above looks to offer some additional excellent advice. The Arcam players are generally head and shoulders above the rest re audio quality and if 80% of your stuff is 'music' then you would be missing a trick not looking at Arcam. Of the players listed A11 has the better sound by some way but has a few issues of it's own. It is a more 'upmarket' player.

My sistem is:
Marantz sr7500 a/v
pionner dv565a
B&W dm602.5
Tannoy sensys dc2
Tannoy mx c

Thanks for information.my dealer has Denon dvd a11 for e699 and i can get marantz for same money.Just i need to make desition befor christmas.MY friend broght dvd 1930 and it sounds ok with my receiver.I read some rewievs about Marantz a/v +denon dvd it souded beter then denon +denon. Becose MArantz is vorm, Denon is cooler.
Any recomendation please.

I don't think the post was rude at all. Reading between the lines due to lack of info, like Dustin has done, then the post by Dustin above looks to offer some additional excellent advice. The Arcam players are generally head and shoulders above the rest re audio quality and if 80% of your stuff is 'music' then you would be missing a trick not looking at Arcam. Of the players listed A11 has the better sound by some way but has a few issues of it's own. It is a more 'upmarket' player.
You ain't gonna get a new Arcam for £700 mate, more like £1500.
Ten and a haif thousand posts between you, I thought you'd have a bit more quality than dissing newbies threads( grumpy old men).
Expert advice, get a life!

I bought my last Arcam for £65 on a forum ;) A very nice mint silver 88. Sound quality is excellent. £700 would certainly get every thing bar a 29, and you might even get one of those at that price.

Thank you for the offensive comments, perhaps if you actually knew me you would realise quite how silly they are but as you haven't bothered......, thankfully....:mad:

Lol. first you chime in saying how rude i was, then you do an about turn and make yourself look a hypocritical prat. Nice, gave me a laff. being a 32 yr old 'grumpy old man', i need idiots like you to cheer me up:D

Thanks for information.my dealer has Denon dvd a11 for e699 and i can get marantz for same money.Just i need to make desition befor christmas.MY friend broght dvd 1930 and it sounds ok with my receiver.I read some rewievs about Marantz a/v +denon dvd it souded beter then denon +denon. Becose MArantz is vorm, Denon is cooler.
Any recomendation please.

You will probaly need to demo both units if you can and go with the sound you prefer, some like the ear tickling marantz will give you or you can go with better deph and steering of the A11. Sound quality is a personal choice though, just as music genre is. So try before you buy if possible

Yes, this is indeed in the wrong section, but if the priority is sound quality, then the HiFi section may be more appropriate. I'm going to move it, but morcus can chose which forum to go to.

With regard to the actual choice of players, though used units still fetch good money, I don't think the A11 was one that Denon will be remembered for. As long as the lack of DVI isn't important (which it shouldn't be) then the 2900 and 3800 would probably make better buys.

Morcus, I hope you aren't discouraged by the abrupt replies by some of our experienced and usually more obliging members - this is usually a helpful place.

regards, Nick

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom