1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD-A11 and KAVC-A1SE Upgrades ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Seidelkm, Jan 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seidelkm

Seidelkm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Like others on this forum I am some what annoyed at Denon's approach to upgrades post the KAVC-A1SE offering. I now have two machines that are now not fully digitally connectable as I can not use the Dlink for SACD and the AVC is not firewire enabled.

This is a quote from the K upgrade "IEEE 1394 Firewire prepared DSP section, for future upgrade"; what upgrade ? And what the hell has happened to the supposed offering of the upgrade to the A1SRA ? Dare I mention SACD over the Dlink.

Note: The American site has made its upgrade section serial number dependent so one can not just Look And See, hiding all the upgrades from prying eyes.

The A11 has turned out to be a stop gap with the release of the XV. Mr. Denon how about the option of HDMI on the A11. I'd be happy with anything that shows commitment to prior customers.

I have spent a lot of money on the understanding that future technology and formats would be made available. :suicide:

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +859
    SACD over Denon Link is still awaiting permission. You can have the Denon Link on the KA1SE upgraded to S.E spec and that will work will all their DVD players which also have Denon Link S.E. This will pass everything except SACD. You need to contact Denon directly and speak to them about it to arrange the upgrade if any of your kit is still the original Denon Link.

Denon Link 3 on their new amps (3805, 5805) is SACD ready but none of their DVD players can pass the signal yet. If permission is given then a firmware update will made available and the players will be upgraded to Denon Link 3 spec.

As for any further upgrades to the Denon KA1SE, don't hold your breath. The Denon Germany site states that even the PLIIx upgrade isn't technically possible. Which I find strange.

The upgrade for PLIIx, HDCD etc for the A1SR should be imminent. Whilst both the KA1SE and A1SR have Firewire prepared DSP sections, I highly doubt they will ever see this used.

3. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    As far as I am aware the AVC-A1SE has reached its technical limits upgrade wise.