denon dvd-a1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by diabolik, Mar 18, 2004.

1. diabolik

diabolik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive trawled through all the threads on this site and others for the answer to this question but so far no joy.

I've got the chance to buy an old version (not SE) of this piece of kit for well under £1k but am concerned about the chroma bug/laser pickup fomware nightmares that lots of you seems to have had. Is there a definitive set of firmware that is guaranteed to work with an original brand-new dvd-a1?

I have found two websites so far with the firmware available to download. One is italian and the other is british. I want to buy the kit but obviously don't want to break it with faulty firmware downloaded from an unreliable source.

Has anyone got any recommendations where I can get the latest **reliable** firmware?

Thanks

2. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I previously had the laser pickup issues and sent the unit in to Denon for them to take care of. As far as I'm aware the laser pickup needs replacing as apposed to a firmware fix. I don't think there is a fix to the laser problem via a firmware. The chroma bug is definately fixable with a firmware upgrade but my dealer said that Denon implemented it when they upgraded my laser. I've never noticed it anyway. Sorry its not much help.