1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD-A1 Online Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Reiner, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    According to the competent guys at AreaDVD the best sounding DVD player with CDs and shows no flaws but rather the opposite including an invisible layer change.
    It it however mentioned that the 3800 represents better value for money but only looses out in a direct comparision.
    A PAL PS mod may become available in future. EUR4199 only:

http://www.area-dvd.de/hardware/denondvda1.shtml

2. infomatique

infomatique

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to decide between the 3800, the A1 or the Toshiba 9500. The A1 is available from www.mediacheckpoint.de at Euro 3500 while the 3800 costs about Euro 1300 from the same source.

Recently I came across the Toshiba 9500E and it appears to be very similar to the Denon A1 (sans denonllink) ... does anyone here have any comments?

I have the Denon AVC-A1SR and the Sony XA777ES so it would be nice the have the A1 but I can purchase the Toshiba for Euro 2299 from Mediacheckpoint.

I should explain that while I live in Dublin it is a lot less expensive to import from Germany but there is a problem in that I find it difficult to source code-free DVD players in Germany so my second best option is to purchase in the UK. As it is essential for me to obtain a multi-region player and as I can purchase the Toshiba 9500 from www.leconcepts.com (UK based)for £1699 plus £60 carriage (this is about Euro 2800) it would appear that this might be my best option however there is an other option in that I can purchase the 3800 for Euro 1299 and then purchase the multi-region upgrade for Euro 130 from www.dvdupgrades.ch

Any advice or comments would be very much appreciated.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    www.dvdplayer.de

IMHO the guy who actually developed the mod for the 3800 ...