denon dvd-a1 audio dropouts

D

diabolik

Ive had my dvd-a1 for a few weeks now. I bought it second hand and it was in as new condition. Its an early version (non SE) version. I upgraded the firmware so that its now multi region/pal progressive and chroma bug free. All works fine!!

However, Ive noticed that Im getting occasional audio dropouts when playing dvds.

Ive seen threads relating to this symptom and the problem has been proposed to be a hardware one and that the pickup is to blame.

My question is how do I go about getting this fixed? I am aware that denon offered free hardware upgrades at one time. Am I eligable for this service as I bought the machine second-hand?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

:smashin:

I recently had my laser pickup changed and it works flawlessly now. All I had to do was take it into my local Denon Gold dealer and tell them the symptoms. They were aware of the issue and sent it straight to Hayden Labs. I was without it for about 6 weeks as Denon were waiting on parts from Japan, or so I was told. It was under guarantee at the time, but I would have thought that Denon can verify thats its noy a grey import by looking at the serial number. And as long as its fine I can't see any reason why it would have to be under guarantee. Its a recognised quality control issue that they are dealing with. The fact that the fault wasn't picked up on within a year should be neither here nor there.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did you get it for?

Tim,
got it from a guy in Germany for 900 quid. he hadn't even put the batteries in the remote so I know he hadn't used it much ;-)

BTW, what is a denon gold dealer? Is there a published list anywhere on the net?

Not all Denon dealers were authorised to sell their high end line, like the A1 line of THX amps. The ones that were, were known as Denon Gold dealers. Don't know if that is still the case (especially as nearly their whole range is available in gold!:D )

Hi Diabolik, sorry for the delay

Panel - 6091-2
Ess - 6133-5
Drv 6193-2

Thats my firmware and It works flawlessly with Region 1 & 2.
I've never tested with another region.

Thanks Tim,
did hayden labs make it multi region enabled or was it your dealer? if so who was the dealer?
When I spoke to Hayden labs this morning they stressed the fact that they would only update the firmware so that the player was region 2.

Unilet sound & vision (where it was bought) made it multiregion, with a disc that apparently came from their Denon rep. It was multiregion when it went into Hayden for the new laser pickup and it came back multiregion.

Just thought Id update this in case anyones interested.

I recently bought an PSAudio P300 ac generator and connected my kit up to that instead of directly into the mains. Apart from my perceived improvements in sound quality from the system my audio dropouts have disapeared. I can only assume that it was caused by interference from my central heating system turning on and off or something of that nature.

BTW the picture of my denon has improved noticeably using the P300.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom