1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD-3910 PAL output

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by scottjyoung, Nov 4, 2004.

1. scottjyoung

scottjyoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hello all,

I wonder if someone could help me with the following problem:

I bought a UK Denon 3910 (multiregion) and have connected it to my TV (Sony FQ75, 32'') using RGB through a SCART lead on AV1. When I try to watch a PAL disc the picture is shifted downwards on screen with the bottom of the picture being shown at the top of the screen. There are also 2 green horizontal bars across the upper half of the screen.(This also happens in the setup screen when the TV type is set to PAL) When I change the TV type to NTSC in the player's setup, the problem clears up but it means watching PAL DVDs in NTSC giving a noticeably poorer image quality. (to my eyes anyway) I have turned off the DVI and HDMI outputs and made sure that the TV type was set to interlaced in case this made any difference but still no joy. Given that there's a PAL option in the setup, it surely must be supported.

Region 1 NTSC discs seem to play fine on it.

Can anyone tell me whether I'm doing anything wrong or just have a defective product?

Any assistance on this would be gratefully received.

Scott Young