Denon DVD-3910 LED Display Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Partyslammer, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Partyslammer

Partyslammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm having a rather strange problem with my Denon 3910 dvd player. It's a North American NTSC player, succesfully updated with the all-region firmware update during and from early 2005 (I forget which version, probably 5) and have never had any problems with this player since.

Anyway, this problem is the LED front panel display is off when the player is on. When the player is turned on, it briefly shows "Denon 3910" on the LED and than it goes blank - no lights, nothing. However, when the remote is used or a button such as "Track Skip" is pressed, it displays the full, typical information for whatever dvd, cd or media is playing shows for maybe a second on the front panel display. It should be noted that any discs, dvd, cd, whatever plays as always with no issues. I can also access the display watching on a monitor/tv.

Unplugging the player and fiddling with the "display" setting on the remote menu settings has no effect on this problem. I can find nothing in the manual regarding a possible setting that would cause this. As the LED lights up via using the remote or buttons on the player and properly displays info if only for a split second when info is selected, I suspect is either a software or simple settings issue that I'm somehow missing.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

T.B.

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    I would try initialising the player, this helped when I had a similar problem with 2910. To do this you do the following:

With the machine powered on, press and hold the Skip Forward, Play and Open/Close buttons on the front panel simultaneously. Keep them held down until the front display shows "Initialise"

3. Partyslammer

Partyslammer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I figured resetting the player to the factory defaults would solve the problem as you suggested as well. I was hoping for a simpler fix as I didn't want to loose my a/v color balance settigs which took some time to get just right but I couldn't come up with another solution so I wound up going with the re-initializing fix and it indeed worked.

Thanks for your help!

T.B.

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    I'm glad to hear you got it sorted. I am always glad to be of assistance. :thumbsup: