Denon Dvd 3910 Hdmi Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Strip, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Strip

Strip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello i have just bought a Denon 3910 dvd player with hdmi output, but I cant get the hdmi to output to work on my pioneer plasma display... I select the hdmi rgb to get it to output through the hdmi cable and 720P output...But I just cant get it to work, all help is appreciated...I dont know if I should return my dvd player :(

Michael

2. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    Which Pioneer plasma do you have? Is it HDCP compliant?

Have you tried changing the HDMI setting to Y Cb Cr (Component) as progressive scan can only be output via component using anaolgue cables, so it might be the same over HDMI - not used it yet myself.

3. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I think to get HDMI to work you need to cycle through all the different video settings.
    I also had a similar problem trying to get DVi to work. There are in fact 3 or 4 different video settings. 2 different HDMI settings. One being RGB and the other is just normal. Try that one instead.

Also make sure your plasma is set to the right channel!
    If it has an HDMI input then it will be HDCP compliant as ive never seen a non compliant HDMI conection.

Miniholic mentioned progresive scan through component but that would be using analog cables and I beleive you want to use HDMI which is a digital cable.

If you do then cycle through the digital video settings and it will work once you get the right chanel. Make sure you have something runing on the player so u can see it on the screen as you cycle through. Once you see the pic you will know you have the right chanel.

You can also cycle through the different resoltions. (525p, 720p and 1080i) cycle through those aswell until you find what you think is the nicest looking picture.

I have mine set at 1080i through DVI-D on my Fujitsu plasma.

I also recomend you try instaling the lastest firmware for the 3910 as it will give you HDMI audio aswell as making the player MR.

4. Strip

Strip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How do you cycle through digital inputs, theres input 1, 2, 3, 4... And the hdmi is on input 3, and i am on input 3 but nothing comes... I really need this to work, i am going out of my mind... :(It is the last time i buy anything with digital output, it never works...

5. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    i dont mean the inputs. I mean the HDMI settings button.

On my 3910 remote, on the top left of the remote. Theres the red off button and directly under there are 2 HDMIDVi bottons. One says "select" the other "format" Theres also the "pal" button but since i dont use that I dont know if you should.

There is more than one HDMI setting as far as I can remember. One is regular and the other is RGB. Try them both.

As I mentioned before, make sure the TV and player are properly conected with the HDMI cable. Make sure the TV is on the propper channel.

And put a disk in and play it so you can see that the player actually works.

Have you tried coecting it by compnent first? You could also try conecting it to an amp to make sure the sound works too.

By the way when you first change to DVi/HDMI, there is a slight delay where everything freezes up for a second. Thats normal.

I think the problem you are having is that you havent set the player up properly. Try reading the manual too. It might give you some insight.

6. Strip

Strip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried the select button and both hdmi component, and rgb something, which i choose and then theres off. Have also tried 720, 1080i, 458/520P....

7. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    And nothing worked?
    Did you try geting a picture through compnent instad of HDMI?

If theres no picutre at all then that would mean that there is something wrong with both the analog and digital picture boards in the player. That is highly unlikely.

First you need to get the right chanle. (HDMI) then you can choose what resolution you want. (720p, 1080i)

You also need to make sure its set to PAL as that is probably what your TV is set to. In my case both my TV and player are set to NTSC.

What kind of TV are u using?

8. Winnie Pooh

Winnie Pooh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

There is an updated OS for Denon 3910 avaliable:

http://www.usa.denon.com/support/upgrades.asp

Just type in the serial No of your Denon then you can start downloading. It is a big one you have to burn three CD's. This Update addresses various issues two with HDMI. The information is in the pdf-file with a detailed installation description. I haven't had time to try it but it may help with your problem. :)

Cheers