Denon dvd 3910 and pana pd30

S

sdk

Hi i read somewhere that the denon 3910 only let you use component cables with HDTV's. So i was wondering if i would be able to use component cables from the denon to my pd30. i will not buy the denon unless i can use component. Thanks. :)

sdk said:
Hi i read somewhere that the denon 3910 only let you use component cables with HDTV's. So i was wondering if i would be able to use component cables from the denon to my pd30. i will not buy the denon unless i can use component. Thanks. :)

I don't know about that - what would be the point of having DVI and HDMI outputs on the 3910 if component connections were the only permitted connections with HDTVs.

I don't know your model - but look at the back: does it have a series of inputs colored red, blue, and green? If so, it takes component inputs.

sdk said:

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to link the two. They both have component so you should be able to connect the two. Afaik there are no restrictions preventing you from doing so.

Check out the video processors forum as there are some views on resolution via DVI/HDMI for the 3910.

Lee (loonatic) has one for sure...

JJ

Thanks guys, i did find it kind of strange when i read it, i know component works on my tv . i used it with my previous dvd player, but it broke and was no longer under warrenty so i decided to buy a new one and the denon will be it.

I got my deneon yeasterday and component works. But there seems to ba a lot of noise, and as a result the picture does not look veary sharp. Anyone know how to fix this?

I've got a 3910 hooked up via component to a PD30 and its an excellent picture - what component cables are you using? Are you using a component switcher?

I am using monset cables and no i am not using a component switch. Do you have the same movie (starship troppers superbit) and could test it. Couse i hokked it up to my sony and it showed the same signs there. But so did my sony player. but they where not as aparent. But that tv is 32 inches and the pana is 36. What settings are you using in the player menu. Dnr and such. Is you picture soft?

I don't have that film I'm affraid :(

Factory default for all 3910 settings other than speaker management for SACDs and DVD-As.

Have you tried it with any other film? It could be the film, maybe, possibly.... As the Denon is a better player and is showing more detail of the film - warts and all.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom