Denon dvd 3800bd blu ray/cd playback

carlos08

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, can anybody tell me what frequency output is over 2 channel analog for the denon dvd 3800bd bluray player on cd playback. Does it output at 24 bit 192khz via al24 processing or at 44.1khz straight from the cd as it does over hdmi? regards. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone, can anybody tell me what frequency output is over 2 channel analog for the denon dvd 3800bd bluray player on cd playback. Does it output at 24 bit 192khz via al24 processing or at 44.1khz straight from the cd as it does over hdmi? regards. :thumbsup:

I believe it is 44.1Khz in the normal way on CD playback

AFAIK it applies a version of AL24 during the DAC process. AL24 doesn't apply to digital output and is a process Denon apply when the digital signal is converted to an analogue waveform.

AVI

Thanks guys, so to get the best sound from cd playback on this player would you recommend the 2 channel analog(Which is meant to be very good) or the 7 channel analog or send it digital to the amp (denon avr 2809) regards.:cool:

I just use the 2 channel analogue and get excellent results.

I find using Spdif from the 3800 into a DACMagic a worthwhile improvement, but but it will depend on the rest of the system and preferences.

The 3800 direct analogue out sounds a little lighter and perhaps slightly more detailed, but lacks the drive, body and dynamics of the DACmagic fed SPdif from the 3800. It is more 'in the room' and believable with the DACMagic

Do try analogue out for HD audio, using the 3800 to process. Every time I experiment with processors that do HD I prefer the 3800 analogue out.....

The last experiment was using an AVR600 as a processor. The 3800 sounded less harsh, fuller and weightier. There was also an improvement in the tangibility, body and tonality. It simply sounded more real than HD processed as it 'should' via HDMI.

I am looking forward to trying an AV888 and now open minded about what the results might be......

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom