Denon DVD 3800

S

sunlink

I purchased one of these machines last week and want to know if I can output dvd-audio signals via a optical digital connection to my Denon AVC 10SE or do I need to use the 5.1 analogue inputs between the two pieces of kit? Any advice on settings for the player and amp would be very much appreciated. If it helps, I was trying to listen to a dvd-audio recording by Daniel Barenboim.
Also, any news on the official firmware upgarde for the 3800?
Many Thanks

Steve

Jasonjo

P.S. Doesn't seem to be much on the official firmware, but quite a few people have used the firmware mentioned in this forum without any problems...

I'm sure mark or others will post once it becomes available...

JJ

S

sunlink

Jasonjo,

Many thanks for the reply. I will read the article you suggested and buy some interconnects.

Steve

Ive got the 3800 and avc-10se , and poat power amp , you have to use the the analouge inputs as jasonjo says , to get the bass channel to work you will need to turn down all the other channels by about 10db , if you have an spl meter you will see what i meen. Dvd audio two channel mix sounds stunning better than any cd ive ever heard not sure about the 5.1 though.

You cant turn the LFE up to 10db , 0 is the maximum value and thats what all the levels are set at , the only way to hear the low frequency is turn the other levels down and the master volume up.

S

sunlink

Cheers installer09.
I am in the process of purchasing the analogue leads. How about the settings on the audio setup? Any recommendations?

Sunlink

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom