Denon DVD-3800 Problems...

benji_m

Novice Member
Hi,
I really don't know what to think at this point so I need some advice from you guys, the disk works! which is good. The file names are D38HNCHP.CFW and D38HNVDN.CFW and the disc is named 18 sept 2002 so I presume that must ne the snapshot date?!? CAn you advise me on exactly what we do have please?

Greatly appreciated!
Ben

M

MRJAZZ

Ben,

I'm sure there's a insruction included. :) put the disc in, follow the instructions. very easy.

After installation,
Could you let us know the version number ?

P.S. dated as September ?? I talked to Denon UK couple of days ago, they said no firmware as of yet.
Where's your firmware from ? :confused:

Jasonjo

Ben is this the official Denon release??? In your last post you said it was...or is this just your copy of the possibly dodgy old denon firmware??? how confusing!!! :confused:

I think getting the code versions like mrjazz said is the best way to check...

JJ

M

markbuffyfan

Ben

D38HNCHP.CFW and D38HNVDN.CFW and the disc is named 18 sept 2002

these are the same firmware serial numbers that were posted through to the other thread mentioned above the only diffrence being the date of 17th july on the file date.

Is this infact the new software approved by denon which maybe leaked out ????

Please state where the disc you got came from please , and was it presented to you as a offcial/ unofficial solution

benji_m

Novice Member
Hi,
After conversations with another member I fear this software may be the older version, however I will confirm this definately tommorrow, although the disc is most definately from Denon!

M

markbuffyfan

Any news on if it is a new disc an updated one and is it it safe and if there are problems is it still covered under warranty etc.

locky42

Novice Member
I have a Denon dvd-3800 plays every thing I put in it never had any issues except it can get very warm any answers for this

gringottsdirect

I have a Denon dvd-3800 plays every thing I put in it never had any issues except it can get very warm any answers for this
Mine still works perfectly.
It has always run warm sometimes hot even.
Maybe don't place above an amplifier ?
Mine is on a shelf.

locky42

Novice Member
Hi

Looking at the AVS forum (www.avsforum.com) there seem to be a few issues with the Denon DVD-3800.

These relate to excessive heat and skipping/stuttering/lockups with some discs.

Is this just a US problem, or are people with 3800's in the UK having the same problems??

JJ
Hi

Looking at the AVS forum (www.avsforum.com) there seem to be a few issues with the Denon DVD-3800.

These relate to excessive heat and skipping/stuttering/lockups with some discs.

Is this just a US problem, or are people with 3800's in the UK having the same problems??

JJ
i live in uk I just get a problem with heat I’ve been told to keep it separate from my amp