Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Denon DVD-2910 or bust??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Scotti, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Scotti

Scotti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any other DVD player in this price bracket (£500) that offers progressive scan (I guess they all do at this price), DVI and HDMI connectivity. I will almost certainly connect it up to a Samsung DLP SP46L3HX if I can get my hands on a UK one. Any advice on the right DVD player to get the best possible picture out of the Sammy would be appreciated.

2. Scotti

Scotti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please explain the difference between the 2910 which has no decoders and the 3910 which has. Can you wire a 5.1 setup directly to the 3910 then whereas the 2910 has to be wired up to a receiver with the relevant decoders? I am getting lost here, can someone show me the way?

3. ozdvduser

ozdvduser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    At The Track or Melbourne Victoria Australia
    Ratings:
    +3
    The 2910 has onboard decoders for 2CH (CD), 5.1CH (CD, DVD, DVD-A, SACD) and Digital (Coax/Optical for CD, DVD, DVD-A, SACD) just like the 3910.