Denon DVD-2910 not playing "newer" DVD

dazjmarshall

Standard Member
Hello Everyone,

I am hoping someone can shed some light on a recent issue that has occured with my DVD Player .. :lease:

I have a Denon AVR-1910 amp to which the DVD player is connected via HDMI. The amp connects to my TV in the usual way. When I originally bought the amp (replace a previous Denon amp), I couldn't get any DVD to play at all. Having taken the DVD Player to my dealer, the issue was resolved via a firmware update and all was good. My DVD player is multi-regional too.

Also, it is worth mentioning that about 4 months ago, the HDMI went on the amp completely .. no Sky HD, DVD at all and I took the amp back to the Dealer who returned it back to Denon and once returned, all was OK.

About a month ago, I bought a Region 1 DVD which played just fine. So all was good with the player then. However, I recently purchased the latest Harry Potter (Deathly Hallows Part 2) but it just won't play at all. Also, I attempted to play Part 1 (which previously worked) and that doesn't play either !! As the Region 1 DVD was to hand, I put that in and it still played just fine. Swapping the disk again for Part 1, the disk started to play and then came up with an error. Neither Part 1 or Part 2 will play.

Interestingly, all the "Extras" disks play perfectly. Furthermore, a random pull of some other DVDs all work too (Return of the King, Twilight all work fine) ... :confused:

So, I am starting to wonder if HDCP/HDMI "versions" have altered recently as the pattern I am seeing seems to relate to "newer" DVD releases ...

Sorry for the ramble, but does anyone have any thoughts? I really like my DVD player .. I know it's a bit old hat now and it isn't Blu-Ray blah blah .. but it plays SD disk beautifully. I really don't think it is the player here but think the issue is within however the Amp and DVD are communicating (or not !).

Any pointers greatfully received.

Cheers,
DazJ

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom