Denon DVD-2910/3010 questions. Please help...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mantorok, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Mantorok

Mantorok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm interested in the new Denon DVD players (2910 and 3910). Can anyone help me with a few questions:

1. Will they be multi-region out of the box? Or does a firmware upgrade need to be applied like the previous generation players? If it does require an upgrade is it currently available?

2. Is the Component Out capable of outputting progressive PAL and NTSC? I know it can't output 720p and 1080i (Bummer :( )

3. Is all output via DVI/HDMI encypted with HDCP?

4. It may be too early to answer this but are there any mods for these players that will disable HDCP or maybe add an SDI port to them to bypass it.

Thanks...

2. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Mantorok. :)

I'm affraid I do not have any answers to your questions,
    but I thought this thread would be a good place to ask one of my own. ;)

Does anyone know if any of these two players will be available in Denon "champagne/gold" finish?

3. Mantorok

Mantorok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I can tell only black and silver are available. This is a shame as I really like "champagne/gold" colour. My Denon AV Receiver is that colour and I would have liked the DVD player to match. :(

4. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Bummer. I use a gold AVC-A11SR and mini-size Denon MiniDisc player (recently purchased to replace a black Sony). :(

5. Antpink

Antpink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Sorry to not answer the questions posed by the originator of this thread, but my suggestion is to try downloading the specs from the Denon Asian websites (they are up there at the moment) as I would magine they should be the same, excluding any SCART connectivity. Go to www.denon.com and pick "Singapore" or "Hong Kong" for geography.

As to the finish - champagne gold is the norm here in Singapore (and HK)! You cannot find a black finish for love or money, and only the occasional silver finish gets brought in. I don't want gold, as everything else I have is silver or black!!!!

6. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for the info, Antpink. ;)

7. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115

1. No, they normally ship R2 from Denon and will normally be applied by the dealer using a firmware upate CD like the old 2800, 3800's. My local dealer has the update apprently.

2. Yes, very likely

3. Yes, very likely

4. Bit early - I noticed PJ Hifi have and SDI mode for the 3800, so the 2910/3910 is probs a possibility...

JJ