1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD 2900 with a Tosh PF2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by elvisjnr, Jun 18, 2003.

1. elvisjnr

elvisjnr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Denon DVD 2900 with a Tosh PF2...
    Does anyone know if this is a good progrssive set up? I've ordered the TV. I now need to order the DVD player and am looking at the Denon. Am I going down the right road here?
    thanks for any help...:suicide:

2. hindutimes

hindutimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a rule of thumb...
    If you want to take advantage of PAL progressive scan from DVD then you should have compatible PAL progressive TV.

If your TV is not PAL progressive scan ready, then perhaps you consider buying Pioneer 656 instead

3. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Fortunately the Toshiba PF2 TVs support PAL & NTSC Prog Scan:clap: so there shouldn't be any problem there.

Still wondering which wife friendly prog scan DVD player to hook up to my Toshiba 32ZP38. Any ideas?

BigRD

4. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
  5. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the link Dutch I'll store that 1 away for now. After the outlay for the TV I'm having trouble justifying another DVD player :( hense the wife friendly bit.

(I got an Tosh MR SD230 and a V633 VCR for £70 included in the package....no PS with such a cheapy player, component outs though)........Maybe Xmas time.

Has anyone had any experience with the £200 DVD/DVDA Cambridge Prog Scan players from Richer Sounds I could make do with 1 for now.

BigRD

Toshiba 32ZP38, Sony STRDB930, Toshiba SD230, Samsung 709, Panasonic NV-HD685, Sony GV-D800E, B&W 602s, B&W CC6, Mordaunt Short MSW20

Work to live don't live to work