1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon DVD 2900 (or other Denon DVD player) help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mindvox, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Mindvox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi folks, for some reason my original thread on this matter went up with no content, anyway here goes again.

I don't know if all Denon DVD players display the purple screen with "Comedy", "Action", etc written around the Denon symbol in the middle of the screen upon turning on the machine.

However, tonight I noticed that on this screen, through both Scart (AV1) and Component, there was random horizontal "interference" style lines going across. Now, when a movie is loaded and running the picture is perfect so it seems to be on this purple opening screen on the player itself only.

Has anyone else come across this and, if so, do they know what's causing it? I might try the player out through the LCD in the Livingroom to see if it does it through this set as I don't think my Rear Projection would have been clear enough to let me notice them before I upgraded to Plasma.

PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Sky are fine ... although when I reset the PS2 or Xbox I sometimes get a yellow flicker on screen when going from No Signal to receiving the picture from the console. Just another little thing my set seems to do.